Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sunday, July 12
Went back later Friday evening. The feeling was back. I scared a deer a little ways away.

The deer was close enough to be a possibility, and far enough away to be unlikely.

=============================================

I went back last night. The feeling was there, but not as strong going in. I headed up the road to the spot. The tree wasn't creaking. Didn't see much.

Tracks:
deer

Tracks before or in between the rains we had Thurs-Sat of last week, because they had been washed out some, and some of the tread had been filled in with silt:

men's shoe: size 12 or 13
kid's(?) shoe: about half the size of my 13s. in and back out
mountain bike in and back out

I looked around a bit, and felt the feeling coming back. I was in a hurry to get back (so many things to do, so little time), when I heard two faint male voices off to the left. It sounded like they were far up on the ridge. When I heard the stick break the one time, it was on the right side of the road. I round the last bend and go the 100 yards or so to the gate. The hairs on my arm had been standing up, and I had been feeling the electric sensation up my spine, but as I got to the gate it increased 10 times.

I didn't hear or see anything going in - if a human had been there, they would have seen me chamber a round in the 1911 and load up on extra magazines.

For the past couple months, there has been a 40ft(?) box trailer setting in the parking lot. The last couple times, there has been hay on the ground behind it and sticking out under the doors. There was construction up the road for new water lines along the road, which could explain the hay.

The trailer takes up almost half of the parking lot (gravel turn out), but I always turn my truck around and park it facing out and as close to the road as I can. This, however, puts my back towards where the faint voices and feeling came from last night.

No comments: