Monday, January 28, 2008

The crows

I have a feeling this may be an end as well as an introduction, but this came to mind as I was walking through the parking lot in the morning after midnight shift listening to and watching the birds...

=====================================

It was like the scene from that movie "The birds", the day the crows decided they'd had enough and chose to attack. I was on my way back from getting a newspaper at the dining hall when it started. You could see them silhoueted against the grey morning sky. As they started swooping down, I pulled my coat over my head, and took off running to my truck. As I pulled the door shut, they started crashing into the windshield and windows, so I turned the wipers on and tried some washer fluid to chase them away. My fine motor skills became coarse, but I finally fumbled the key into the ignition and got the truck started...

No comments: